[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sczepanowo, Posen ??

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Sun Mar 9 08:15:28 PST 2003

Probably Szczepanowo located at about north 52/49 and east 17/57.  It is
just south of Barcin and halfway between Znin and Inowroclaw.

Note that other similar sounding places do exist in Poland, and perhaps in
the Posen region but this is almost an exact match for you and is the most
logical starting point.

At 10:02 PM 08/03/2003 -0600, Mike and Tana Laudolff wrote:
>Could/would anyone know where this town is located in Posen? I tried a couple
>of maps, but was not successful.  Maybe it is the "verbal" sound for a polish
>town. The only notes I have for it was that a Michael Dobersztyn and his wife
>Catharina Labcoha lived in Sczepanowo, Posen and they had a son ,
>Francis(Frank) was born there on Jan.13,1868. Thank you, Tana

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca