[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Sczepanowo, Posen ??

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Sun Mar 9 11:21:14 PST 2003

Mike and Tana Laudolff schrieb:

>Could/would anyone know where this town is located in Posen? I tried a couple
>of maps, but was not successful.  Maybe it is the "verbal" sound for a polish
>town. The only notes I have for it was that a Michael Dobersztyn and his wife
>Catharina Labcoha lived in Sczepanowo, Posen and they had a son ,
>Francis(Frank) was born there on Jan.13,1868.

Hello Tana,
there was indeed a village Schepanowo (in Polish Szczepanowo), district
of Mogilno, Posen province. www.kartenmeister.com also knows its civil
registry office in Pakosch (Landbezirk) and the lutheran parish
Bartschin, Schubin district, 4-5 km north of Schepanowo. The FHLC has
just catholic parish registers of Schepanowo.

Guenther Boehm
of Hilden, Germany