[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Canadian Genealogy - New government website

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 28 12:33:49 PST 2003

The following was provide to me by Omar Welke.

Please note that the final product is being launched TOMORROW,  March 29.

I went to the link today and couldn't figure out why there was nothing
there of value until I went back and read the message thoroughly.

--------------------------------

LAUNCH OF THE CANADIAN GENEALOGY CENTRE WEB SITE March 26, 2003 (Ottawa) -

The Library and Archives of Canada is pleased to announce the official
launch of the Canadian Genealogy Centre Web site. This unique
virtual centre will be the primary online site for access to genealogical
resources in Canada. Over the years, Canadians have shown a growing
interest in finding out more about their family histories, stories and
roots.  In fact, genealogy and family history research are the fastest
growing hobbies in North America.

The Canadian Genealogy Centre Web site is an online centre that will
provide access to all genealogical resources in Canada. It will
offer genealogical content, services, advice, and tools, and provide
Canadians with the opportunity to work on joint projects online in both
official languages.

"The Canadian Genealogy Centre Web site will allow history to be written in
the first person-our history, our family, our community-by
making available to Canadians the vast network of genealogical information
that exists across the country and around the world."

Visit the Canadian Genealogy Centre Web site at:
www.genealogy.gc.ca

                 Web site launch:
                 Date:  Saturday, March 29, 2003

This unique Centre was made possible in part through the Canadian Culture
Online Program of the Department of Canadian Heritage.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca