[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Friendly reminder from your List Administrator

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Sun May 4 08:47:21 PDT 2003

Our mailing list membership seems to have peaked at about 350
subscribers.  It fluctuates up and down to 355 as people join or leave the
list.

I would like to thank everyone for the manner in which you responsibly post
and reply to messages.  I have had very few problems with anyone not
following the guidelines for our list.  My job as administrator is made
much easier by not having to deal with complaints and disputes which do
occur on some other lists that I have subscribed to.

We would like to encourage your membership and involvement with SGGEE,
especially if you have connections to Russian Poland and Volhynia.  You
will find it an excellent source of material, databases, resources,
etc.  http://www.sggee.org

Whether a member or not, we also encourage you to attend our convention in
Edmonton this summer.
http://members.shaw.ca/sgecvn/

There is ONE way in which you can help me a little more.  For those of you
that have requested help with this, please don't take personal
offence.  You are simply one of many.  The most common thing that I have to
do as List Administrator is to respond to problems relative to
unsubscribing or changing an address.  On the first day of every month we
send out a reminder message about how to make changes to your
subscription.  Everything can be done directly on the web without involving
either myself or the mailing list.  The process is easy and painless.

At the bottom is the "Edit Options" button.  Simply follow the instruction
to enter your email address and click the button.  You will be taken to a
page where you can, among other things:

- put your mail on hold while you are on holidays
- unsubscribe
- change your password

Please note that you CANNOT simply change an email address.  Because of the
password protection (which prevents someone else from tampering with your
subscription), the only way to change an address is to unsubscribe the old
one and resubscribe with the new.  This small inconvenience is not to make
less work for me (though it helps) but is designed to PROTECT your
subscription.

If you have any questions or comments about this message, please respond to
me privately rather than through the mailing list.

Thank you for your participation and happy ancestor hunting!

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html