[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Convention announcement

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 11 08:16:42 PST 2003

For those of you that don't get the SGGEE newsletter, the Society for
German Genealogy in Eastern Europe is pleased to announce the date and
location of its next convention.

DATES:  August 5-8, 2004

PLACE:  Coast Plaza Hotel, Calgary, Alberta

THEME:   "A Road Less Traveled"

     Some genealogical researchers have a relatively simple task.  They
trace their ancestry to a small area of England and within short order can
trace their ancestry back several hundred years.  Our research path is a
"Road Less Traveled", all thanks to the road much traveled by our ancestors
through east central Europe.  We must cope with vast distances, numerous
languages, and many political systems which change through both distance
and time.  Please join us as we take you on a virtual genealogical journey
in the search of your ancestors.  From packing your bags with basic
research principals through detailed planning and technical research, and
on to modern day visits to the Heimatland - using a research room,
speakers, and workshops - our convention will guide you through the process
of finding your ancestors.  Who knows - you may even experience some ethnic
food along the way.  And while our focus will be the Germans who lived in
Russian Poland and Volhynia, you will probably also find clues to
researching other nearby areas as well.

     Further convention details will be published as they develop on the
SGGEE web site, the Journal and this Electronic newsletter and other media
routes  Watch for convention registration forms and other information in
those locations as well.  Don't miss this convention, it promises to be the
best ever!!

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
jkfrank at shaw.ca