[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Grudzienski Alternate name

Jerry Frank jkfrank at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 22 07:50:16 PDT 2003

Hello Jeorg.  Thank you for your posting.

Computer translation programs do not work very well.  It might be better if
you simply post in German and allow someone else to do the translation.  We
have several people on our mailing list who can help with that.

I cannot help with your family connections but I can help with the villages
you are looking for.

Mursk and Ladna are 2 villages about 2 km apart and both are about 10 km
ESE of the city of Wloclawek, just south of the Wisla River.  I do not know
if the original names of these villages had the Holand (Hauland) prefix or
if those were connected villages nearby.  My maps do not show the Holand
part of the name.

At 11:48 AM 22/09/2003 +0200, Joerg Brauer wrote:
>Hello Mrs. Ingram, hello Mr. Muth
>
>Please excuse mine English I have it with a program translates and it'
>ll some longer as usual.
>

>An der Schreibweise des oben genannten Ortes *Holand Murski* habe ich
>meine Zweifel da ich den Ort nicht finden kann, in der Ndhe mu_ es
>aber noch einen Ort *Holand Ladna* gegeben haben denn dieser Ort wurde
>von *Holand Murski* aus besucht weil es dort DREHER Verwandte gab.
>Auch *Holand Ladna* habe ich bisher nicht gefunden. Aber |ber die von
>mir genutzten genealogischen Listen *Compgend-L* und *AGoFF-L* habe
>ich die Mitteilung erhalten das es in dem genannten Ort KSAWEROW
>(XAWEROW) und Umgebung die Namen GRUDZIENSKI, KLUDT, KLUTH, KLUT,
>WILL, WILD, und WILDE gibt. Alles Familiennamen die bei meinen
>Vorfahren in Polen vorkommen.
>

>Mit freundlichen Gr|_en
>Jvrg Brauer aus Berlin, Deutschland

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta