[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] adjective to place names

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 2 16:30:41 PST 2004

Peter,

About 5 miles (8 km) south of Kolo, there are two villages or settlements
named Police and Mostowe, very close together .  This Police would have
been referred to as Police Male (Klein Politz) in some church records and
Police Mostowe in other records.

According to my 1902 map, Police is Police Mostowe, and Mostowe a separate
village and larger.

Rose Ingram

From: "Peter Fischer" Sent: 02 April, 2004 11:25 AM

: On the same note, I have noticed that the word POLICE precedes many place
: names (ie. Police Mostowe, Kalisch, Russia-Poland).  Does it have any
specific
: meaning?
:
: Peter Fischer