[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Muller, Manzei, Mantei and Jalowice, Jelowica

Michael & Maureen McHenry maurmike at bellatlantic.net
Fri Apr 2 17:36:18 PST 2004

Hi Jerry

 I think I have an idea to break my impasse. My grandmother returned to
the homeland to have her first child. According to the returning ship
record to America (with her daughter Ottilie) in May 1906 she lived in
Bristol, Ct from 1902 to 1905. She also states her daughter was born in
America. But Ottilie own declaration is that she was born in Jalowice.
Her "official birthday" was January 1904. It seems clear that she was
born in Jalowice in either 1904 or 1905. Her mother wanted to place the
birth in America for the purpose of citizenship. Is it possible to check
the records for her birth in Jalowice? The St Petersburg records don't
seem to cover passed 1900.

                                 Mike McHenry