[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New URL Odessa library

Marty marty at mcmahon.com
Mon Aug 2 08:54:11 PDT 2004

The correct name is the "Odessa Digital Library" as it has always been.  The
old "Pixel" was really the name of the computer the data resided on.  It was
like referring to a book by naming it as the library it resided in.
Originally Virginia Tech provided the resource needed to hold the Odessa
Digital Library.  We knew that would not be available forever.  We asked the
Germans from Russia Heritage Society (GRHS) if they would be willing to
donate space on their server to host the library, which they agreed too.
There is no connection between the Odessa Digital Library and GRHS expect
for their generosity in providing us a home.  It is still maintained by an
independent group and free access is allowed to all.

If you are interested in how the library started take a look at
http://www.odessa3.org/credits.html

Marty McMahon <marty at mcmahon.com>
Odessa Digital Library