[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Place Names near Radom, Poland

gk_eisenach at web.de gk_eisenach at web.de
Wed Aug 11 05:53:34 PDT 2004

Hello too,

> Can somebody take a look at them (they are in
> Cyrillic/Russian)? Here is the whole document:
> ... I read it as Grabina.

Thats right. The village Grabina located 13 km in the
South of Radom. The map H36 ("Karten des westlichen
Russland", 1915) show this village with 12 houses.

A village with this name in the North of Radom I cant
read on this map.

> ludwigbirth.jpg
> justinares.jpg

This two names can be the same village, but I cant read
the complete name: "Pludaisz_" or "Pludansz_".

> juliannabirth.jpg

It is "Wola". Near Radom you can read very often this
village name, on the map from 1915 in big letters
"Wola" and  for example in a second line with little letters
"(-Gorynska)" [compare map H35] ... in the North of Radom
"Wsola" or in the West "Wolanow".

Gerhard

--
FGR Wolhynien AGoFF - http://www.agoff.de