[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fwd: GEDCOMS and exporting

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Tue Aug 17 21:20:46 PDT 2004

Two additional comments I think will make the preparation of a gedcom file
a little more painless.

1.  In the window where Elaine mentions the entering of the file name and
selecting the output as a gedcom file, you need to note which directory
that the file will be created in.  If it is not the directory that you want
it to be created in, then navigate to a different directory.

2.  In the next window that notes the "Destination" of the gedcom file,
make sure that you select "PAF" and "Version 5.5", and either "ANSI" or
"ANSEL" as the character set.  These selections are necessary to minimize
the errors that other genealogy programs will report when importing the
gedcom file that you are creating.

Gary Warner