[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Warthegau

Günther Böhm GHBoehm at ish.de
Thu Aug 19 02:58:04 PDT 2004

Ed S schrieb:

>I know someone who was born in Warthegau, the Sonnenthal colony which was  in
>Kreis Rawitch.
>This man was born January 1947.   With all the movement of people his birth
>wasn't recorded.
>He has written and tried to get official birth records but hasn't been
>successful until now.
>He came to Canada in the 1950s on an affidavit written by an older sister.He
>has his Canadian
>citizenship and since he's a preacher moved to the USA.
>But since US customs has their jock straps on a bit tight these days they're
>still requesting
>birth records.  Any suggestions for him?

Hello Ed,
since he was born after the war, his family could have been resettled to
one of the four occupation zones of Germany. Are there no immigration
documents indicating their last residence in Germany? If so, he could
find further data at the local CRO. If not, he should try a request to the

Standesamt I in Berlin
R|ckerstra_e 9
D-10119 Berlin
phone: +49 30 90207-0