[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Games of Volhynian Germans

LeoAnn annaleo at nanaimo.ark.com
Mon Aug 23 12:26:11 PDT 2004

I recall playing Hola with my parents and siblings as a child during
the late 1930s and early 1940s.  My parents and siblings came to Canada
(Edmonton) in 1928 from the Ostrog area of Eastern Volhynia.  I am sure
that they did not learn the game in Canada but brought it with them.
As  a side comment. my parents were strict Lutherans and we were not
allowed to play any card games on Sunday.

Leo Sonnenberg