[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Location of village

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Sun Aug 29 13:01:40 PDT 2004

I agree with Rose. The Ellis Island clearly leads to Witoszyn, Plock, which
is a village just north of the Weichsel. The other town is nearby. The
spelling difference is understandable.

Ellis Island also has a record of Johann Fenske from the same place, also
heading to Bridgeport, from April 1912. His wife was Pauline, in Witoszyn.
Is this Eduard's father?

If so, it would tend to back up the notion that the family didn't stray far
from that area. Johann's birth was given as Witoszyn.

Dave Obee