[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where to list post?

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Wed Dec 22 15:01:25 PST 2004

Rachel,

There are some really good suggestions coming your way.

Another thought is the town Grabow about 30 miles (50 Km) NNW of Lodz.  If
your ancestors were Catholic you are lucky, there are filmed Catholic church
records for this particular Grabow.

I believe there is a Grabow and Wola near the city of Lublin in south eastern
Poland, but I could be wrong.  The reference to German Poland makes me think
they are referring to Prussia.

baptismal name "Mickala FAFINSKIEGO" would translate to Michael Fafinski.

Rose Ingram
  From: Rachel Wednesday, December 22, 2004 11:55 AM

  My husband's grgrgrgrandfather's name was Franciszek FAFINSKI.

  Some documents say he was from Grabowo German Poland. The debarkation states
Grabaw. but I suspect it should say "Grabow".

  A Polish Church in America wrote as a baptismal name "Mickala FAFINSKIEGO"
for the above named grandson, "Michael F. FAFINSKI".  I'm not sure what that
means!

  Franciszek FAFINSKI's son, Michael FAFINSKI, states on his marriage license
that he was born in Grabowo, German Poland.  His wife was born in Wola,
Germany Poland.

  Thank you to everyone who has replied. I will keep you updated on my
successes.  Please keep the suggestions coming!
  Best Regards,
  Rachel Fafinski