[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Lowicz records

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 18 10:48:36 PDT 2004

As Bob mentioned, Kurt Weiss did extract some selected Marriage records,
which found their way to SGGEE early this year for publication.

Heinz is correct, SGGEE is now in possession of Photocopies of Lowicz parish
records from 1836-1864, which copies will be available for viewing at the
August Convention.  These records will then be transcribed and put into a
database.  Photocopies of the Marriage and death records, from 1836 to about
1855,  will be forthcoming later this year.

The fate of the original Church Books is unknown, but we are thankful that
our contact in Germany has the foresight about 10 years ago to photocopy the
original records, and since then was able to help some people by providing
them with copies for their research.

Rose Ingram
SGGEE Research Committee