[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Austrian Volhynia maps

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Wed Jun 9 10:32:11 PDT 2004

I don't normally do anything that might me taken as a plug for a business
that I own, but in this case I will. The maps series G|nther mentions is
superb.

It is also available in North America. Go to:
http://www.genealogyunlimited.com/h-europe.html

The 1:75,000 series covers the western part of Volhynia -- Rowno is
included, for example, but Nowograd-Volynsk and the Zhitomir area are not.
They are quite comprehensive.

The 1:200,000 series from the same publisher covers all of Volhynia, and is
available (for the time being) in color.
I have had these maps at the past four SGGEE conferences. The Family History
Library in Salt Lake has a complete set of these maps; I know because I
provided them to the library in 2001.

All of these maps date from before the Second World War. The initial
surveying was done in the late 1800s, with updates -- primarily for
transportation systems -- done after that.

Hope this helps.

Dave Obee