[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FEEFHS conference in Detroit -- October

Dave Obee daveobee at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 26 12:44:53 PDT 2004

Something to consider once we're finished in Calgary.

Dave Obee

--------------------------

The Federation of East European Family History Societies (FEEFHS) and The
Polish Genealogy Society of Michigan (PGSM) are co-sponsoring the 2004
International Conference "What Is Past Is Prologue"
October 1, 2, 3, 2004
Crowne Plaza -Detroit Metro Airport
Romulus, Michigan
The conference is a full day on Fri and Sat and 1/2 day on Sunday.

We have 25+ speakers and over 60 presentations scheduled.
The range of topics include Polish, German, Slovak, Ukrainian,
Russian, Slovenian, Hungarian, Croatian, Pomeranian, Prussian,
Czech, Jewish and Austrian Genealogy.

Sessions are designed to be informative for beginners as well as advanced
researchers.
Need help with translating documents? We have sessions on Latin, German,
Polish, Russian, Hungarian and the handwriting style of S|tterlin (Kurrent
and Fraktur).
Need help with organizing your research and using technology? We have
sessions to help you.

The registration form, speakers list and additional information is on the
FEEFHS website:
http://feefhs.org

Oct. 1 Fri. 8:00 am - 5:00 pm  followed by evening Meal at 6:00 pm
Oct. 2 Sat. 8:30 am- 5:00 pm  followed by evening Meal at 6:00 pm
Oct. 3 Sun. 8:30 am- 12:00
Three-day fee, $150,including lunches, Single day fee: Friday fee, $65,
including lunch, Saturday fee, $65, including lunch, Sunday fee, $50, no
lunch.
Dinner $30 per person. Syllabus $20