[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Labour Camp Death Records

JSchu9014 at aol.com JSchu9014 at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 20:05:03 PDT 2004

Not so strange, really.  If you think about the terrible things our ancestors
endured.  The hardships they experienced just making a living, the
persecution by the various armies, being forced to leave their homes leaving everything
behind, living in the poorest of conditions, struggling to support their
families and keep everyone safe, the terror of being taken away by the police and
charged with crimes that in most cases were dreamed up by police and others.
Families left with no one to support them, land taken away; is it any wonder
that those who did escape would prefer to never think about it again.  My
grandfather, Edward Haupt, when asked about his family repeated only four words,
"They are all gone!"

Janice