[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Labour Camp Death Records

Nelson Itterman colnels at telus.net
Wed Jun 30 20:23:16 PDT 2004

Hi:
You must remember the circumstances that they lived. In what was really an
alien land among people who you would like to trust as neighbors, but not
knowing whether you could or not. In my Uncle Joseph's interrogation, there
were people in the same collective farm, even the same church congregation,
that testified against him. I have been told by a former KGB official that
it went real hard on these people who acted as spies.. Most of them were
executed out of hand after they testified. They could not go back to where
they had been living..They could not be protected by the KGB. The same thing
happened every communist country, and particulary in Germany during the war.
Nelson Itterman