[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Labour Camp Death Records

Claudia Kittel dougclau at cybertime.net
Wed Jun 30 18:41:57 PDT 2004

Do you think the reason we are having so much trouble finding
information could be that these people were running away from their
heritage and didn't talk about whom their parents were so they wouldn't
get caught and sent home?  I am researching my mom's family, and can't
find anything out, either.  My grandmother told my mom some things, but
my grandfather wouldn't even talk about the old country or anything.  I
remember my mom's cousins discussing the fact that their mom wouldn't
say anything either.  It's very strange.