[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Villiage of Nietrzeba

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 10 07:15:52 PST 2004

Erik sent me a copy of a couple of the records.  They have about the nicest
script I have ever seen on any record coming out of Poland.  The place name
is very clearly written as Nietrzeba.

At this time, using several resources, I have not been able to find such a
place in the Lipno region.  There is no question about it being located 166
miles from Lipno.  That simply would never happen on a regular basis.  An
exception would be the recording in a marriage or death record of a place
of birth.  However, that would be contained within the record in
context.  The example records show Nietrzeba in the margin, indicating that
it is a local village.

I did a general GOOGLE search for Nietrzeba.  It appears to be a relatively
common Polish surname.  It is possible, therefore, that this is the estate
name of a local nobleman which only existed for a short period of time.  I
am looking at some other sources and will report back if I find anything.

At 09:29 AM 09/03/2004 -0500, Ednadill at aol.com wrote:
>Hello all,
>     Just a quick question.  I looked at more Lipno parish films
> yesterday.  I
>came up with a considerable amount with the village listed as Nietrzeba.  I
>looked this village up on the ShtetlSeeker and the only one I found was 51
>03 N
>21 54 E, 166.1 miles from Lipno.  Unless there is another Nietrzeba, why
>wouldn't these records have been recorded in Warsaw or closer parishes.  The
>Michal Dyll that died on September 16 1855 in Nietrzeba, resided in Komorowo.
>     Any suppositions would be helpful.
>Regards,
>Erik Dill

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta