[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Found it! Was Re: Villiage of Nietrzeba

Jerry Frank franklyspeaking at shaw.ca
Wed Mar 10 09:41:32 PST 2004

AHA!  Thanks for the clue Dave.  I found it on my 1805 Gilley map.

With that reference, I also found it on the modern map.  It is about half
way between Nowa Wies (a short distance north of Chrostkowo) and
Stalmierz.  The modern map shows it as Podnietrzeba.

Podnietrzeba = "under Nietrzeba" so this may not be the precise location
but would be very, very close.

The Gilley map shows a water mill at that location.  You can see this
stream or small river just south of Podnietrzeba.  And of relevant
importance now is the occupation of one of the witnesses on the document
Erik sent to me - Bogomil Bansmer, Ml~ynarz (miller).

I'll put in a plug for Dave here.  You can buy the map that shows it at
http://www.genealogyunlimited.com