[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Villiage of Nietrzeba

Greg Mason gmason001 at comcast.net
Wed Mar 10 14:09:21 PST 2004

Dave is correct. Fortunately I have a 1/50,000 map of the area from
1974 and the village is on this map.  To locate it on a modern
1/100,000 map, it is 2.5 kms directly south of Jezioro Oborskie, right
next to the village of Padnietrzeba, which is about 6 kms due west of
the main road between Lipno and Rypin.
Greg Mason
On Wednesday, March 10, 2004, at 11:58  AM, Dave Obee wrote:

> The proper name is Nietrzeba. It's about 12 km north of Lipno.
>
> Nietrzeba, osada mlynska, gmina Chrostkowo, Powait polityczny Rypin,
> Wojwodztwo Warszawa, Poczta i telegrapf (telefon) Wildno, Stacja kolj z
> odlegloascia km -- Lipno Plockie 12, autobuz linja Rypin-Kikol, and
> most
> importantly urzedy parafjalne Chrostkowo r, which is of course rz-kat
> or
> catholic.
>
> This is all from the Skorowidz Miejscowosci Rzeczpospolitej Polskiej,
> published in 1933-34.
>
> Nietrzeba is not shown in the modern 1:200,000 atlases, or even on the
> modern 1:100,000 grid map that covers that area, so either the name has
> changed or it has disappeared.
>
> Dave Obee

>>> 21 54 E, 166.1 miles from Lipno.  Unless there is another Nietrzeba,