[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Powiat maps of Russian Poland

Peter Fischer westphalia-ranch at msn.com
Wed Mar 17 15:12:23 PST 2004

Dick,

Thanks for your message.  I agree with you wholeheartedly.  I have no
hesitancy referring to Germans as Germans.  For the record I was born there.

I am just interested in historical accuracy.

I think you misunderstood me.  My original message was referring to the
Southeastern part of Poland that was partitioned regularly.  Secondly, many
people that post ancestral information simply put Germany or Poland, etc. down
as a birthplace.  It would be the same as stating North America for any of us
over on this side of the pond.

I guess its just a pet peeve of mine.  No matter, I finally developed a
timeline for the region I have been researching and I will update my records
accordingly.

Regards,

Peter Fischer