[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] New Subcriber - Roll Call

Gary Warner gary at warnerengineering.com
Tue Mar 23 16:52:02 PST 2004

Aaron,

I did a very quick look at our Pedigree database to see if there were any
Job or Jobs or Jab or Jabs who were married to any Boehm or Behm or Bem
persons.  I found one such couple- Michael Boehm married to Anna Jobs.  No
data on them per se, but they have a daughter Karoline Boehm, born in about
1815.  She is married to Friedrich Roggenbach in Dobrzyn, Lipno, Bydgoszcz
on 29 Jun 1846.

Finding such a match is nice, but it is possible that I missed many other
couples where the names were somewhat different than you indicated-
different because either you or the other members of SGGEE did not have the
correct spelling of the surnames (names like Johb, for instance).  This
search brings out the fact that it is exceedingly difficult to make
connections of your data to that of others unless you try to match up your
entire family line against the data from others, others like those members
in SGGEE who have submitted their data to us.  In the case noted above, the
data is from the original records that Al Muth extracted from the Lipno area.

I hope I am not coming across as uppity in what I now wish to say.  Each of
you are more than welcome to just view this free mail list, but my
invitation to Aaron, and anyone else out there who really wants to find new
data would very likely be much more successful if they actually join SGGEE
and submit their pedigree data to us to include in our master database that
now contains nearly 250,000 names linked together as best we know
how.   There are many people on this list who can vouch for the fact that
SGGEE has linked them to living cousins that they did not know
existed.  Many of these same people will also tell you that they have
provided a few names for us to look at, and they have been surprised to
receive in return several thousand names of their blood relatives.  I am
NOT saying that all who join will have such successes, but there are many
that have done so and are very happy with the results.

Gary Warner
SGGEE Pedigree database manager