[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Name Origin - Germany

gpvjem gpvjem at sasktel.net
Tue Mar 30 12:20:19 PST 2004

        I received the following questions today along with SGGEE membership mail.  I am posting them to the Listserv verbatim.  The same person suggested that perhaps a future Journal article on the subject would be in order.
    Here are the questions;

        Where and when did the name "Germany" originate as the name of the country?

        What happened to the term "Deutschland" and why did it not become the name of the United Kingdoms after 1871?

    If you wish to reply privately, the person asking the questions may be contacted at efenske at accesscomm.ca

John Marsch
SGGEE