[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Prepaid Research through the CentralArchives of Historical Records in Warsaw

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Mon Mar 29 22:23:50 PST 2004

Barbara,

I believe you may also have to mail a copy of your wire transfer together
with the letter they request.  For their records this confirms payment for
the requested document.

For General Information for those of you who don't know, some of the
records Barbara refers to have been microfilmed.    Also, all the births
and marriages are also on the IGI.  Someone extracted these names from this
film about 15 years ago.  Grant you the names appear on the IGI as they are
written in the church book, so be creative with your name spellings when
searching.     Many marriages also are in the St. Peterburg's Volhynian
data, up to about 1869.

Evangelisch-Reformierte Kirche Rozyszcze (Luck) (Main Author)
Taufen, Heiraten 1862-1870 Konfirmationen 1860-1870 -  FHL INTL Film 905256

Rose Ingram
-------------------

From: "Richard A. Stein" Sent: 29 March, 2004 6:12 PM
: Barbara,
:
: Congratulations!  Regarding the fee, I believe they are requesting an
: electronic transfer to the account number given to you.  You will have to
: arrange for the transfer at your bank.  At least, that is the way payment
: was requested for the last search I had done.  It is a quick way to send
: money, but quite expensive.
:
: Dick Stein
:
: From: <MomDotts at aol.com>

: > WOW!
: >
: > I just received a letter from the archives in Warsaw... They located my
: > grandfather's birth records.  In addition, they did give me the names
of
: his
: > parents.
: >
: > The are requesting a prepaid fee of $34 to start the research.  In
: addition,
: > they are requesting $17 to do the research.  They indicate this fee
must
: be
: > "paid in your bank".  They give me a bank number, as well as an address
: send
: > the fees to.  Finally, I have to send a copy of the letter they sent to
me
: > back to them.
: >
: > Has anyone else ever done this before?  Please advise as to how this
: should
: > be done.
: >
: > I am so excited.  I have been trying to locate records on my
grandfather
: for
: > nearly 7 years!  Rudolf Pallas, was born in Volhynia (Mathildow /
: Matyldow).
: > His parents were Carl Pallas & Caroline Pfeifer.  Amazingly so, the
name
: was
: > not changed when he came to the states!
: >
: > They indicate in their letter to me they have records from Rozyszcze
: parishe
: > - birth & marriage (1862 - 1899) and death records (1862 - 1898).  Hope
: this
: > all of you a little light at the end of the tunnel... I was told many
: years ago
: > that I needed patience.  Wow, did I need a lot of it.  This all started
by
: > sending the archives an e-mail looking for information about 4 months
ago!
: >
: > Good luck to all of you on your genealogical endeavors!
: >
: > If you know how to send the money, please e-mail me.  I can't wait to
get
: > started!
: >
: > Barbara