[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname: Mittelstaedt

abelreg at shaw.ca abelreg at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 1 10:12:28 PST 2004

I am just beginning my research into  my Volhynian ancestors ; my
information  pre 1913 is sketchy but I have to start somewhere! Surnames:
Mittelstaedt, Schmidt, Gerder/Gerdel.  Place names - Mtsenk(?), Wladin,
Zhitomir.

My ggrandmother was Christina MITTELSTAEDT (3 Mar 1873 Zhitomir - 23 Jun
1935 Canada) m. 10 Mar 1893 to Gottfried GERDER/GERDEL (GERL) (12 Oct 1857
birthplace unknown - 23 Feb 1945 Canada) They immigrated to the USA in 1893
and then moved to Canada in 1913.

Christina was the daughter of Karl Karlovich MITTELSTAEDT & Wilhelmina
SCHMIDT - both born ca. 1840's.

I am willing to share what information  I have on Christina's siblings plus
the data on the descendants of Christina & Gottfried (the Canadian branch is
complete to 2002).

I would be interested if any information on these people appears in the
parochial registers of Dziepolc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Elaine Regier