[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] John Koenig b. Nov. 1827 in Kallish/Kalisz,Poland

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 2 11:33:43 PST 2004

Peter,

Karl Krueger has given you some good advice.

The Johann Friedrich Koenig (b. abt 1840) in our database has younger
siblings also born in same area.  Their birth records are found in the
Wladyslawow parish records and Kolo parish records.   Johann Friedrich
Koenig's marriages took place in Kolo parish.   I'm given to understand that
some birth (and marriage) records from the Police area before 1840 might be
found in Catholic records.

It could be that your Johann Friedrich may have been born in Nov 1837,
instead of 1827, in which case this would make more sense and fit with the
abt. 1840 date calculated from the age given on the marriage records.

Perhaps back in 1938 the family really was trying to make the 'front page'
or Johann Friedrich made himself older some time during his adult life and
then lost track.  Does the obituary name his parents?

Rose Ingram

From: "Peter Schmaltz"

> I recently tracked down an obituary notice in Berrien County (Michigan)
for my
> 2nd great grandfather, John Frederick Koenig. It was a front page local
news
> story as he was 110 years old when he died on January 1, 1938. The article
> says he was born in "Kallish, Poland" but from searching this and other
> websites I've come to understand that this most likely refers to Kalisz.
This