[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Godparents & Given names.

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Fri Nov 19 14:44:23 PST 2004

At 03:17 PM 19/11/2004, Otto wrote:

>The women have more influence over choice of given names.

Very true.  However, when the man, as is so typical, forgets, then the
wrong name is registered.  My brother was supposed to be Wilbur (named
after no one in particular) but my dad forgot and registered him as Wilfred
(still not named after anyone in particular).    <big grin>

I'm just glad I didn't get named after my godfather, Julius.  Now, Paul,
after my godmother Pauline - well that might not have been so
bad.  <another big grin>

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca