[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] FROM THE ABBOTSFORD GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY

Jerry Frank GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
Wed Nov 24 19:55:01 PST 2004

This report is only partially accurate as it does not apply to most home
lines.  Any such claims should always be checked against scam reporting
websites such as http://www.snopes.com BEFORE passing on to
anyone.  Companies such as GTE will NEVER request individuals to post such
warnings through normal email channels.

Please DO NOT use this mailing list for distributing material such as this,
regardless of how accurate the claim is and regardless of the veracity of
the source.  It is not appropriate for our mailing list.  This is covered
by the last paragraph of our mailing list guidelines at
http://sggee.org/listserv .  In fact I suggest that you never forward such
material to anyone as it is almost always a waste of email bandwidth.

I would also ask that no further comments or discussions about this topic
take place on our mailing list.

Thank you.

At 07:15 PM 24/11/2004, ResearchWBCP at aol.com wrote:
>THIS WAS PAST ON TO ME FROM THE ABBOTSFORD  GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY. PLEASE BE
>CAREFUL
>Subject:   Telephone ScamPASS  ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW

Jerry Frank - List Administrator for [Ger-Poland-Volhynia]
GPVListAdmin at sggee.org
http://www.sggee.org/listserv.html