[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] STELZER born in Volhynia

monika monika at quixnet.net
Sat Apr 2 12:22:31 PST 2005

 My name is Monika Yost, and I am trying to help a friend with their
genealogy.  Their family name is STELZER.  Friedrich STELZER was born in
1894 in Gorrock or Gorodsk, Volhynia, which is supposed to be SW of Kiev.  I
have not yet been able to locate it on a map and am wondering about the
correctness of the spelling of that village.  This was supposed to be a
small community, which Friedrich's father settled into in the early 1800's
in order to develop it into farm land.  It was supposed to have been thick,
dense forests, and he and many other settlers of German ancestry settled
there on invitation of the locals, to make the land useful.  During WWI,
they ran into the mountains to hide out from the enemy and then escaped into
the area of Danzig and from there into Germany.  Friedrich went to America
around 1912 and then returned to get a Polish wife from the Volenski area in
1922 or so.

Any help is appreciated.

Monika Yost

Come shopping at my business online.
Save money and time.  It is convenient and totally safe.
my-ebiz.wwdb.biz
Access code Guest
Click on join to register yourself as one of my clients.  You design your
own access login and password for your personal security.
Shop and save money and time.