[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] surnames ending in ski

Nancy Gertner nancygertner at mac.com
Mon Apr 4 05:31:21 PDT 2005

Since you don't specify "this area," I will assume you mean
Germany-Poland-Volhynia, since that is the area covered by the list.

Ski being a common surname suffix in Poland, is found frequently in
Poland and in places like Volhynia that were populated by settlers from
Prussia (formerly Poland before partitioned by Austria, Prussia and
Russia in the late 1700s).

There were some marriages between the German Lutherans that moved to
Prussian  Poland and the Polish Catholics that lived there before the
partitions.

Nancy