[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Surname Equivalent

Ed S esonnenburg at porchlight.ca
Thu Apr 21 06:54:04 PDT 2005

if somoeone has wet socks or shoes and you say to that person "nicht so
rumpatschen" that means
that the person is going "splat, splat, splat" on the floor.   If you say
"was fuer eine patscherei"
that sort of means "what a mess".    If you say "nicht petzen" it means not
to be a tattle tale or squealer.