[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Herman family from Lutsk

Posnsrch at aol.com Posnsrch at aol.com
Fri Apr 22 11:18:15 PDT 2005

Hello list,
I just joined this list from a suggestion of another lister. Already, the
archives look very interesting and this list seems right for my search.

I already have much information on my grandmother's family who lived in
Volhynia, Russia. After they arrived in Canada, one brother married a girl who said
she was from Lutsk, POLAND. I am now searching for her family.

1. Wasn't Lutsk also in Russia in the late 1800's?
Poland was not a country again until near WWI, correct?

2. Where can I find birth, marriage records of towns Lutsk and Volhynia?
A few years ago I found some birth, marriage records at JewishGen but can not
longer find the correct site at their web site.

Thank you for any help,
Nellie