[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] The Joys of Microfilm - Indexing (HowardKrushel)

Howard Krushel krushelh at telus.net
Fri Aug 5 15:31:44 PDT 2005

The records will appear on the SGGEE site as soon as volunteers do the
extractions; but of course you can visit your nearest Family History Center
and begin by ordering the Rozyszcze microfilm of the indexes and you should
then be able to find your relatives.
The Parish records for Wladimer Wolhynsk, and Rozyszcze have been filmed and
are available; however it seems that the Tutschin(Tuczyn) Parish records are
not available; but some of the individual village records for the parish of
Tutschin have also been filmed; however there are still a number of village
records from the Tutschin/Rovno Parish which have not been filmed and are
presumably still in the Civil Records Office in Warsaw. None of the eastern
Volhynian records are located in the Warsaw Archives. After a 100 years the
Archives can request that the records held by the Civil Registrar be
transferred over; I am not sure as to why some are not automatically moved
over. The Warsaw Civil Registrars Office will not allow you to search
through their Volhynien records and will only supply information , on your
records; I don't believe they will provide records on distant relatives; it
is a long process and would normally be handled via the Polish Embassy
Office in your country. They are not at oriented to Genealogical requests.