[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Villages of Petrikau

Rose Ingram roseingram at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 25 11:59:19 PDT 2005

Karla,

Skiernowicz may be Skierniewice - between Lodz and Warsaw.
http://www.jewishgen.org/ShtetlSeeker/LocTown.asp is a good place finder.

"Swirchinitz, Kr. Petrikau" and "Wierzinetz, Petrikau" could be a
mis-pronounciation and misspelling of the same place.  The Shtetlseeker
shows a Zwierzyniec about  16 miles/28 Kilometers NW of Piotrkow
Trybunalski.
If this is the right place, it is difficult to say whether a birth record
would be found in Piotrkow church records, or in a closer parish such as
Pabianice about 9 miles north.  The LDS Library Catalog shows filmed records
for Pabianice from 1827 to 1876.

The LDS Library Catalog only has birth records from 1879 to 1887 for
Piotrkow. The Polish State Archives have some records beyond 1888.   If
records pre-1878 survived, they may be in a Lutheran church archive
somewhere, not yet microfilmed.  Others on this list may be able to shed
some light on this.

Rose Ingram