[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] visiting Poland advise

Dorothy McGee dtmcgee at rogers.com
Thu Dec 8 06:09:20 PST 2005

Hello all and Merry Christmas,

My husband and I are going to visit Poland in May 2006.
My mother was born in Borki. We are going to visit the village and hopefully find the graveyard where my ancestors are buried.

We have never been to Poland and do not speak Polish. I do speak German, but not very well.

I would appreciate any travel tips, accommodation/food recommendations from anyone who has recently been in Poland.
Is the bus/train a reliable means of transportation?

Do taxi drivers, hotel staff usually speak some English?
I do plan to learn Polish for travellers this winter, if I can find a teacher.

Thanks
Dorothy McGee
dtmcgee at rogers.com