[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Reading polish church records

Allyn Brosz zsorba99 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 05:34:19 PST 2005

I'd add another book by Shea and Hoffman -- _Following
the Paper Trail:  A Multilingual Translation Guide_.
It's out of print, but copies seem to be available
from Avotaynu at http://www.avotaynu.com/books3.htm

The book is described as "A guide to translating vital
statistic records in 13 languages: Czech, French,
German, Hungarian, Italian, Latin, Lithuanian, Polish,
Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish.
Each section shows the alphabet of the language,
sample vital statistic records and their translation,
and a list of words commonly encountered. An
indispensable reference source for anyone whose
research involves European languages."

I have it on my bookshelf and I refer to it frequently
for help in reading Russian, Polish, and Romanian
records.

Best Wishes
Allyn Brosz