[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Hegele Surname

IkKiing irisking at comcast.net
Mon Jan 3 20:32:12 PST 2005

I have been searching for my Hegele (Hagele/Hegel) surname for many years.
I have a problem finding the birth/marriage/death record of Xavier Hegele.
First known records found of Xavier's name mentioned was the birth of son
Francipek from Grojec/Warka Catholic microfilm in 1808; the family was
living in Stara Warka.  Wife/mother was listed as Rozyna Meyer.  I followed
Rozyna's birth in 1777 in Wuerttemburg/Ochsenburg microfilms.  She left
Ochsenburg ~1800 for Russian Poland; Rozyna died in 1832 in Lwowek (near
Gabin); they were Evangelicals.
Francipek took the given name of his father, Xavier, as noted on his
mother's death (Rozyna) in 1832; on the birth record of his son, Josef in
1935; his sister's marriage record of 1936; on his death record of 1851.
Does anyone know why a son would begin using his father's given name?  The
age listed on the above records coincides with Francipek's birth year.

A mention is made of Ferdinand Heegle (along with Xawer in the
"Altpreussische Geschlechterkunde", S. Prussia (T. Stangl), coming to the
Dorf Stara Warka from Wurttemberg (probably) in 1802-06.
I'm stumped - can anyone offer any guidance in locating the
birth/marriage/death records of Xavier Hegele?  Thank you.
Iris King