[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Re: Deutsche Geschlechterbuch

Heinz Rode heinz_rode at telus.net
Sat Jan 15 14:46:05 PST 2005

Hi ,

I had just purchased the CD index for all the 'Deutsches Geschlechterbuch'
about 60.00 $ CDN. !!

The index gives you only last names and the volume # and page. There is no
info on first names, time frame or location (could be anywhere )?

I queried the name 'STEGEMANN' and found that this name has info in 44
volumes in 61 places! Now the problem  really starts...........looking up?
Sure the FHC has most of the Volumes as well as major librarys in Germany
but who will look all this up for you? My appeal to some German mailig lists
for lookups has had some lukewarm response and even less results.

But you can be lucky, my grandmothers name WILSER found in volume 161
on 186 pages; her fam. tree goes back to 1500 in Switzerland.!

I have donated my copy to the Surrey FHC.

Regards, Heinz Rode