[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Fw: Poland Maps 1919-1939 Rumunki translation

richard benert benovich at imt.net
Sun Jul 3 20:55:02 PDT 2005

Several days ago, Mike McHenry asked, with respect to the designation,
Rumunki, for certain types of settlement in Poland, why this distinction
seemed necessary.  This made me curious, so I checked my copy of Kossmann
and sent Mike the following answer.  I had intended to send it "to all", but
pushed the wrong button, as usual.  Reading Kossmann's German text is, for
me, like pulling teeth, so I hope that anyone who really knows German and
can really understand Kossmann will correct me if I've misstated anything.
Dick Benert