[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Where is Kokuscha?

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 4 15:22:31 PDT 2005

At 03:12 PM 04/06/2005, shoning at att.net wrote:
>In the list of contributors to the Volhynian Baptist Churches shown at
>http://www.wolhynien.de/donation.htm, there is an entry ("For the Siberian
>Account") for Brother Karl Litke from Kokuscha.  Has anyone encountered
>the village/town/city of Kokuscha before?  Anyone have any clues where it
>may have been located?
>
>George Shoning

I am not exactly sure what is being recorded in this document.  It appears
to be contributions for various Baptist causes.  The thing that puzzles me
is that this specific record lists several people from Zdunska-Wola along
with your Litke in Kokuscha.  Zdunska-Wola is in Russian Poland, not
Volhynia.  I cannot find a Kokuscha in Volhynia.  There are several
Kokoszka and one Kokuszka in Russian Poland that might be a match.  Without
additional context, I don't know what it should be.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca