[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] CONFIRMATION RECORDS Language

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 20 09:44:50 PDT 2005

I cannot comment specifically on Lipno but, usually when you get confirmation and/or German records, you are seeing original parish records rather than the more typical civil records created by the churches.

Confirmation records MIGHT include a place of birth.  This can prove very valuable in cases where the family did not arrive in the area until after the birth of the individual.

Jerry Frank