[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Maria Mathilde Scher

shoning at att.net shoning at att.net
Wed May 25 16:27:59 PDT 2005

With much appreciated help from Al Muth and John Marsch, my question of a few days ago about my great grandfather Karl Litke's place of birth has been answered.  So I have become emboldened to ask a "related" question whose answer has eluded me thus far.

My great grandfather Karl Litke married a Maria Mathilde Scher on 20 February 1876 in Lodz.  Maria was born on 26 April 1853 in Lodz.  I have not found any information about Maria's family nor about their marriage, other than the note made by Karl.

Does anyone have a recommendation of how I may find some informaton about Maria's family?

George Shoning