[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] POLISH DIACRITIC " L" EQUIVALENTIN RUSSIAN

Jan Textor textor_jan at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 23 14:30:28 PST 2005

Mike,

I can give you an example from the Lutheran Parish of Przedecz.  In birth
record #27/1879, LDS film #1608617 the German pastor wrote the name of the
Polish village "L~a~czewna" as "Lonczewna" in Cyrillic, i.e. the diacritic
"L" was simply written as an ordinary "L".  I hope you take this for what it
is: Just a single example.

Jan Textor