[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Settlement Karog near Plock

Jerry Frank FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 15 19:42:51 PDT 2005

At 11:44 AM 12/09/2005, Gilda J. Patterson wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I've just had another marriage document recently transcribed of my
>gggrandparents Marriage in 1830, Plock Parish.
>
>In the document it states the Bride's current place of residence is Maszewo
>(which I am quite familiar with now), and that her place of birth as being
>from the "Settlement Karog near Plock".
>
>Has anyone heard of this settlement - Karog???  This may give me further
>lead on researching my ggggrandparents.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Gilda Patterson

As I've mentioned before, good translators are not necessarily good
transliterators, especially when it comes to names and places.  I
have not been able to come up with a match for Karog.

It may be written clearly but I would like to double check it for
you.  Please send me a scan and I will let you know if I agree with
your translator.

Jerry Frank - Calgary, Alberta
FranklySpeaking at shaw.ca