[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Profession "sztelman " - 1842 Polish transcribed Marriage Record

Gilda J. Patterson gilda.patterson at shaw.ca
Mon Sep 19 09:33:39 PDT 2005

Has anyone ever heard of the profession "sztelman" ? This is stated as the profession of the groom on my gggranduncle's M Rec - 1842 in Plock.

My transcriber states that it is not in her Polish dictionary, and must be an old fashioned occupation.

Has anyone ever heard of the village "Likory" ? This was near Plock.

Also, there are sometimes two dates listed. Should I technically use the first or the second date.

Gilda Patterson
Calgary, AB
CANADA