[Ger-Poland-Volhynia] Ger-Poland-Volhynia Digest, Vol 35, Issue 1

HorstRenz at aol.com HorstRenz at aol.com
Sat Apr 1 23:21:48 PST 2006

In researching the Rozyszcze Parish records from the 19th century, one  finds
that the language and script changes around 1891 from the german
Altdeutscher Schrift to Russian cyrillic script.  Do the dates recorded in  these records
also change at that time from Gregorian to Julian calendar??   That is,
before 1891, did the Lutheran Church records record  BMD dates  using the western
calendar in Volhynia,even though it was part of the Russian  Empire before
1891?  Another question--some of my relatives were recorded  as having come to
Volhynia from Warschau or gouv. Warschau (Warsaw).  I am  sure that it was not
the city of Warsaw, but small villages in the Warsaw  district.  What was the
size of the area referred to as Warschau and what  did it encompass in the 19th
century?  And lastly, does anyone know if  there are any Lutheran Church
records  for Borowe, Kreis Grojec/Pilica from  the time frame @1840-1865 and if so,
how could I access  them?